We released our first alpha 4 months ago, and we were on late to release this new one. Sorry for that (but we worked very hard to give you new great features).
- Public registration
- migration from wallabag v1 (based on JSON export)
- migration from Pocket (it works, but we need to implement asynchronous import: if you have too many articles, it can fail). Documentation still in progress (you'll have a great documentation in next days)
- exports in many formats (PDF, JSON, EPUB, MOBI, XML, CSV).
- 2-Factor authentication (via email)
- Tagging rule: create a rule to automatically assign tags to entries!
- German / French and English translations
- some minor fixes
- a REST API (you can have a look to the documentation)
- authorization via oAuth2
- a new default theme, called
- save an article, read it, favorite it, archive it. (Hopefully)
- assign tags to entries
- edit article titles
- RSS feeds (with ability to limit number of articles)
- create a new account from the config page
- filter entries by reading time, domain name, creation date, status, etc.
- recover passwords from login page (you have to fill your email on config page)
- picture preview, if available, is displayed for each entry
Testing wallabag 2.0.0-alpha.1
We encourage you to try out the new wallabag v2 alpha on our demo website: http://v2.wallabag.org (login wallabag, password wallabag). You can also create a new account on this website, but don't remember that we can drop our database at any time: this website is not a production one!
Installing wallabag 2.0.0-alpha.1
Please don't use in production! This is an unstable branch, expect many things to be broken.
wallabag v2 uses Symfony2 framework.
The only way to install wallabag v2 properly at the moment is to use Composer. To download wallabag, you can click here or clone the project via git:
git clone https://github.com/wallabag/wallabag.git -b v2 cd wallabag composer install php app/console wallabag:install php app/console server:run
We can say that next step will be the first beta of wallabag v2. When? In 2016 :-) !